Sunday, February 10, 2008

Need For Speed

Folks sorry for the late post, but I think it warrants mentioning that the IHC-HILLS has a new North 2 Group II State Sectional Champion:

Mendham High School Boys Track. If I am not mistaken, I think this is the first team title in MHS winter track history.

You can read about the detailed performances here and a nice Kuty art here.

Mendham's placers:

55m - Steve Tamburello (2nd) who missed first by .01 seconds.
Joe Riposta (6th).

400m - Jack Robinson (3rd).

800m - Thomas Kearny (6th).

1600m - Mike Franklin (2nd).
James Frick (3rd).

3200m - Mike Franklin (1st).
Jon Riley (4th).

55m Hurdles - Matt Mendonca (5th).

4 x 400m - Mendham (3rd) (Robinson, Tamburello, Mendonca, and Ian Mead).

Boys, Congrats on your first Title; I expect at least another one next year as there are only 2 seniors on your team.

Now, about that Group II overall...kick it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize some of these names from the gridiron.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I heard Mike Franklin will be returning kicks for the Minutemen!

Just joking! Kudos to the track team.

With that speed, I am expecting some special teams touchdowns next year by Tamburello. I think Riposta could be one of the best RB's in the league.

Val Halla said...

I don't think Franklin would like FB very much. Besides he's like an all-state XC runner already anyway and playing FB would Conflict with a repeat next season!

Special teams TD's are possible from the T-Rocket. Maybe some INTs for TDs. We'll see.

Of note though is that Mendham's 1000yd+, All-Daily Record rusher (Joe Riposta) has become EVEN FASTER. If he packs on some size too, I would hate to be playing opposing "D" in the IHC hills.

Mendham's arsenal of offensive weaponry just keeps expanding...

Anonymous said...

Too bad MoHills has no FB players on the Track team... :(